Safe but Fun Environment.
The French Ski Resorts, co-ordinated by France Tourisme, is working hard to keep you safe whilst still ensuring you can have a really excellent holiday.
Many resorts are now open for summer for mountaining biking and other activity filled holidays in superb scenery. and this is allowing them to test protocols and refine their operations.
Ski lifts, telecabines and ski buses - these are subject to the regulations on public transport and include:
1) Lift passes - sold online as much as possible. Lift offices to have hand sanitising facilities on entering, staff to be behind screen, customers to wear masks, enhanced cleaning of the premisies.
2) Lift queues to be socially distanced with skiers and boarders wearing masks. Additional marshals are being employed to help keep the queues orderly.
3) Masks to be worn on lifts and telecabines.and buses.
4) Additional ski buses to be put on to spread the number of people on each bus.
4) Skiers to be asked to carry a bag to hold their used masks and take them back to their accommodation to dispose of to avoid spoiling the environment.
French airports - working with large Tour Operators to spread the arrival of travellers. Surgical Masks to be worn and social distancing with additional marshals to help. Plenty of hand sanitising stations. Staff to be behind screens, or wear masks and PPE. Free medical centres for staff and travellers. Enhanced cleaning of the premises including chairs travellers sit on. One way systems for flows of travellers.
Restaurants and bars - Staff to wear masks, tables distanced, eating outside where possible, reduced tables inside. One way systems and hand sanitising stations.
Ski Hire Shops - awaiting details, but likely to include:
Pre-booking both equipment and pick-up with online payment, hand sanitising, masks for both staff and customers, screens for staff as appropriate. enhanced cleaning of premisies. Customers let into shop individually.etc.
Enhanced sanitising of equipment between rentals.
Ski Lessons - awaiting final arrangements but likely to include
ski school offices - lessons to be booked and paid for online. Hand sanitiser at entrance, staff behind screens, masks to be worn. Social distancing of any queues and customers let into office one by one. Lesson sizes likely to be smaller.
This is the situation as at 11/7/20. We will update this page as more information becomes available.
Please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org to be kept updated of changes.